Friday, April 1, 2011

Twilight the Smoothie


To honor my new love of Twilight I will be sitting down (well, laying down!) to watch New Moon and Eclipse tonight! How could I not?? I can't just leave Edward and Bella dancing at the prom wondering what happened to them! I made a blood red concoction to honor my favorite vampire (I guess that means I am Team Edward :-)

I blended:
Ice
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1 diced plum
1 diced medium raw beet
3 big collard green leaves
Cold brewed green tea
Splash of pomegranate juice

This is a VERY red smoothie and I think delicious... I lost my sense of taste and smell being congested so I have to base the end result on my daughter drinking all of hers and trying to drink mine, as well as my husband drinking all of his! I could feel there was extra graininess, which must be the plum. I think next time I would skip the plum and try a blood orange!




P.S. - I have over 1,000 views!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is very red! Does it hide the beet taste?

    ReplyDelete