Monday, April 4, 2011

The Papaya Situation

My creative juices are not flowing right now. I couldn't think of a smoothie idea so I took my daughter to the grocery store and let her pick a new ingredient. It was a toss up between papaya and star fruit but she chose the larger of the two (and probably because the papaya resembles a ball). Papaya!

I came home and skinned the fruit, scooped the seeds and froze the inside fruit (which by the way is not a lot!) 

I blended...
Ice
1 skinned, diced and frozen papaya
2 skinned and raw kiwis
1/2 squeezed lime
1/2 cup frozen green grapes
1 banana
1 cup raw baby spinach
Cold brewed green tea

You mostly taste the banana but it is really delicious!

I'm happy with her papaya choice - it feels so exotic, like if I close my eyes I'll be on the beach somewhere warm instead of "Still Snowy in Maine"
Here's to papaya!



(Thanks to my SIL in for the backgrounds! Now my pictures can be snazzy ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Good Job to Peanut for choosing Papaya! And that background works really well for this smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a papaya party in a glass! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I've never tried papaya. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete