Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cooking up a storm

I love being in the kitchen. I don't care if that makes me sound too old-fashioned because it's the truth. I love cooking and trying / tasting new ideas. Today I tried making steamed clams. I was so excited thinking they would taste similar to their ocean-friend, the lobster. I think they came out looking quite ideal.. until I looked a little closer. Clams look pretty disgusting. I dipped one in butter anyway and placed it on my tongue - it tasted salty and good. I bit into and just couldn't get past the texture. I spit it out and was done. I think I'll stick to the lobster.


I have been making smoothies lately - just simple ones - nothing to write about. So I decided to whip up a yummy veggie dinner tonight to add some "veggie-excitement" into our bellies. I mixed cherry tomatoes, onions, broccoli, summer squash and zucchini with pesto and baked it in the oven. Poured over rice with sweet potato fries.... this was a delicious and healthy dinner!!
I'll be returning to the blender soon... I just need some fresh ideas. I could drink spinach smoothies everyday but that's not very exciting. We'll see what this week brings :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment