Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Parsnip for your thoughts?

I had never tasted a parsnip before. I guess they just don't fit into our holiday meals or everyday stir-fries. I picked them up at the grocery store because they looked so pretty (like white carrots) and were all-alone on the end of the aisle.

I took a bite of a raw one and it tastes like a bland carrot. It's definitely something I could snack on with dip and could mash with potatoes. It is bland enough to take on the flavors of the fruit it is blended with and has a lot of fiber to make for a fun night ;-)

I blended...
Ice
Frozen sliced pineapple
1 frozen banana
1 orange
1 raw peeled parsnip
Splash of green tea and pineapple juice

It is delicious and the parsnip cannot be tasted at all (pineapple is so strong it masks almost anything).
Enjoy!

PS -A note from my daughter who is patiently sitting my lap: lrrf,.fghjkrde.W?Qaassddfffgghjkil;;;;;'

2 comments:

  1. I want to try some parsnips now! Good research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't parsnips great? Who would have thought they'd be as good in a smoothie? I'd try it!

    ReplyDelete