Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hoppy Easter


Hoppy Easter!
Spent a wonderful day with my family and ate an extreme amount of ham and bacon... which was wonderful! Still feeling too full for dinner I made a quick smoothie for the family.
I blended...
Ice
1 pear
3 slices of pineapple 
1 cup frozen peaches
Raw baby spinach
Green tea

This is a very refreshing and thirst-quenching smoothie (I suppose too much ham and bacon can make you VERY thirsty!) - I'll have to remember to make this on hot Summer days!

On a sad note - my daughter's new fish died... already! (I knew I should have got the Petco frequent buyers card... I knew I would be back). So we told our daughter Ruben (the fish) went to the library for the day. After our Easter celebration I went to the pet store to replace him. Since Ruben was a vibrant red color he was hard to replace. I went with a blue fish instead... hoping she would be so happy to see it she wouldn't notice. Again, at checkout I decline the frequent buyers card (strike two...). I get the new fish in the car and tell our daughter that I just picked up Ruben and he's back to play. Our daughter says "He looks different, Mom." I reply "He does? Hmm... I think he got a makeover. Let's give him a new name for a whole new look. How about Tulip?" Happily, our daughter agreed. I figure I will probably become good acquaintances with the employees at Petco.
Welcome Tulip... please live longer then 24 hours.

Have a wonderful weekend with those you love!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Tulip! Sister, have you tried cantelope in your smoothies yet? With honey!!!

    ReplyDelete