Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Not for the Faint of Heart

I made fish for dinner (:-X) but I do it because it’s healthy. So I figured why not continue the "risky" food choices tonight and make a broccoli smoothie! I bought a VERY large quantity of it this week with hopes that it would make me steam, blend, and dip it!

I called this post "Not for the Faint of Heart" because adding raw broccoli to a smoothie makes for an interesting texture.... and taste. My husband said he could taste what felt like "fresh lawn clippings" and didn't care for it. I, myself, like the broccoli taste (very fresh tasting) and my 2 year old drank all of hers in record time!

I blended:

Ice
Frozen strawberries, blueberries and blackberries
4 oz Stoneyfield French Vanilla Probiotic yogurt
1 cup raw baby spinach
Cold brewed green tea
Pomegranate Blueberry Juice
*3 medium pieces of broccoli - stems and all* - you add less for a not so "fresh" taste :-)


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Peanut drank the whole thing! I better it gave the smoothie and nice crunch :) Maybe I'll throw a piece of broccoli in this Sunday's smoothie, see if the husband notices.

    ReplyDelete