Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ki-Cchini!



Every great coupling has a celebrity couple name... today it is Ki-cchini!
Kiwi & Zucchini are a match made in smoothie land!

I decided I wanted an all green smoothie, since spinach is my favorite smoothie ingredient. I figured kiwi would be a great addition since it is so sweet and zucchini basically has no flavor but is packed with all kinds of nutrients. 

I blended...
Ice
1/2 of a raw, diced & then frozen zucchini (keep skin on!)
3 peeled, diced & frozen kiwis
1/2 cup frozen green grapes
1 cup raw baby spinach
1 tablespoon honey
Cold brewed green tea 
Splash of juice

The results are delicious! Everyone at my house drank it all!

Meanwhile, I am still chanting, "I will not get sick. I will not get sick."

*Starting to run out of "Fresh" ideas... anyone want to make a smoothie suggestion?

3 comments:

  1. eggplant and plums!
    Love – Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next one might just be eggplant and plums!!
    OR salmon.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. mango, lime, apple and avocado, cilantro, honey

    ReplyDelete