Friday, March 11, 2011

Just Beet It.

So recently I've heard a lot about beets. They are a great antioxidant that helps fight cancer and... they barely have any flavor and take on the flavor of what is cooked or blended with them. I decided that I HAD to make a beet smoothie!
Luckily, I had a larger than normal taste group (3 + me!) and the verdict was split. 2 people (that may I add are siblings are like to joke together) thought the smoothie took on a "dirt-like" flavor. My “distinguish palate for a 2 year old” daughter and myself liked it! There is a "fresh taste" (as if there was a lot of spinach) but all you can really taste is the other fruit.
You be the judge....
 
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 banana
1 raw peeled beet - chopped
Green tea and a splash of Langer's juice for flavor

The Smoothie takes on a VERY bright red color and is so yummy... in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment