Thursday, August 4, 2011

We've got our Vitamin D, what about our C?!

I'm back! This is shaping up to be a very busy, but fun summer! If you don't believe me drive past my house and look at my gardens / weeds or view my empty blog. I am always blending but never seem to find the time to share the recipes.

Tonight, I decided to make something with my sunflower seeds since I forgot to eat them today. What goes with sunflower seeds... sun... yellow... pineapple?? It just seemed right!

I blended...
Ice
1 cup frozen pineapple
1 raw orange peeled
1 cup spinach
1/4 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
1/4 cup raw oats
Cold brewed green tea to blend
*1 scoop orange sherbet (only because my daughter spotted it in the freezer and insisted!)

This is a really delicious smoothie packed with iron and vitamin C! The seeds do make it a little crunchy, so be prepared to chew some sips!

Hopefully I'll be posting another recipe soon! In the meantime everyone enjoy summer while it's still here! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment