Sunday, August 21, 2011

Banana Ice Cream

I really wanted to share this recipe with everyone because it is SO GOOD! My husband's cousin told me about this recipe and then I had to google it to get some ideas for mix-ins... So, I by no means can take credit for this... but I did enjoy it a lot :-D

Peel and cut up 3-4 bananas. Now put into the freezer until completely frozen. Then put the chunks into the food processor for about 5 minutes. At first they won't mix up well and you will need to keep stopping the processor and spooning the mixture off the sides. Be patient and watch the mixture go from crumbles to a thick and whipped ice-cream! (At this point I add a tablespoon or so of milk and a little bit of vanilla extract). Mix again to blend.

The mixture looks just like vanilla ice cream and is delicious! We tried mixing peanut butter in and that was really delicious! So good and so healthy!!

My little taste-tester LOVED it and thinks it is real ice cream!

3 comments:

  1. I am going to try this out for sure! Thanks for sharing K's delicious treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Bree, so hooked on it, am I right?? Of course, I can't take credit either for the banana soft serve. I can take credit for some fun mix-ins. One suggestion, Sister...Do the peanut butter thang, then crumble up some whole grain graham crackers (Whole Foods purchase), sprinkle with gogi berries, sprinkle with some cacao nibs (also Whole foods)...such a HEALTHY treat...an "almost sundae"

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow - I'm in! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete