Saturday, August 27, 2011

Crispy Kale & Chocolate Cake

I think I should have been a storm chaser. I love storms - snow, rain and now Irene! Tonight, with excitement we grilled some turkey burgers and made crispy kale - thanks to the fresh kale straight from my husbands cousin's garden! This, again, is not my recipe... but I've heard about it from so many people I wouldn't even know who to credit. Just drizzle olive oil, sea salt and pepper on fresh kale and bake in the oven until crisp, like a chip. Watch out... it burns fast!

After dinner my daughter and I thought it would be nice / polite to welcome Irene to the neighborhood. We made a chocolate cake together (baking is now my daughter's favorite thing to help mom with!) Maybe this delicious peace offering will coerce Irene to spare our shingles and protect the car that is outside! The cake is somewhat healthy - applesauce and whole grain flour! Plus, who can forget the milk :-D

And with that our delicious evening of eating is done - I am off to lay in bed. I ran too far in too hot of weather and burnt myself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment