Monday, May 30, 2011

Coco Loco

What a wonderful weekend!! We were able to relax and spend time with family and friends.
The highlight of my weekend was definitely our daughter's first race!! She did great (my husband refers to her as a "lightening bolt with pigtails" :-)

We BBQ'd a lot this weekend and are ending the holiday weekend with brownies and a little mixed creation I am calling... "Coco Loco". Since my husband is now on vacation I guess we are starting the week with the "Coco Loco" as well :-p

I blended...
A lot of ice
17 oz Coconut water w/ pomegranate & Acai
1/4 raw coconut (not the shredded kind but the kind you spend a very long time breaking open!)
1/2 frozen pineapple
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 squeezed lime

*and rum... I just happen to have coconut rum in my freezer :-)

The "Coco Loco" is so delicious! The pineapple and coconut make me feel like I am back in Hawaii sipping drinks on the beach!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this font!

    And I saw your coconut...was waiting to see what you were going to do with it! It's coco-licious!

    ReplyDelete