Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Asparagus is good and pineapple salsa is great.

I am sitting on my couch in my FLANNEL pajamas (its mid-May and very cold) with my laptop eating pineapple salsa --> the best salsa ever. I just enjoyed a yummy dinner with my new favorite veggie, asparagus! I have been roasting it frequently and it is so yummy!! Tonight as I was about to pour olive oil over the bunch I pulled 2 out and wondered how they would taste raw and blended. So I tested the very nutrient rich veggie and was very happy about the results!

I blended:
Ice 
2 stalks of raw asparagus
4 oz Stoneyfield strawberry probiotic yogurt
1/2 cup fresh sliced strawberries
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1/2 cup raw baby spinach
Green Tea

My daughter said it tasted like chocolate and strawberries... which isn't entirely accurate but I think she meant it was delicious! I'm happy with this one and might add more asparagus next time! 

I really like drinking raw veggies b/c the majority of our consumed veggies are steamed or roasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment