Friday, June 3, 2011

Show me the Greens

There's something about greens that make me hungry. It all started when I was pregnant with my daughter. I craved canned spinach with au gratin potatoes. Fast forward to now when I love it raw and steamed - never canned. I still crave spinach, probably for the iron since I no longer eat red meat. Regardless of the reason it's delicious and about to be increased in our diet. I decided it is time to take our green intake up a notch. (By the way broccoli tastes good with every meal!)  I'm proud that our 2.5 year old eats more greens then a lot of adults and I want to keep her as healthy as possible, as well as myself and husband. It's a good thing my favorite organic baby spinach is plentiful at the grocery store!

Tonight I kept it simple and yummy:
Ice
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen peach slices
1/2 cup frozen Maine blueberries
2 tablespoons wheat germ
2 cups+  raw baby spinach
Cold brewed green tea with pomegranate

It's very refreshing!! I had extra so I froze some for Popsicles!

Maybe its because I have green eyes that all things green look good...


No comments:

Post a Comment