Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My New Normal

I've been meaning to revive my blog for quite some time. The whole "I now have 2 kids and can barely dress myself" thing has taken up more of my time then I thought. Yet, the entire time I have been making smoothies and trying new concoctions.

My smoothies have evolved slightly (read what was once my "go-to" smoothie here) to accommodate my needs during my pregnancy, post-partum return to running and to make sure me, and my clan are getting as much bang in our glass as possible.


My new normal smoothie is... (by normal I mean I always have these ingredients at home so it can be made anytime :-)

1 cup frozen blackberries
1 cup frozen blueberries or raspberries
1-2 cups baby spinach
1/4 cup raw oats
Fresh juiced vegetables (typically beets, kale and carrots)
Cold homemade green tea to blend


* Again, I always try for organic ingredients when possible.
* I used to add honey but since my 7 month old drinks these I am pausing it until he is 1


No comments:

Post a Comment