Friday, July 8, 2011

Yucca and a Princess

Tonight was an extra fun night for my daughter... she watched Cinderella for the first time. In preparation we baked- *together*- a chocolate cake for the tea party that accompanied the movie. She watched in her princess dress and tiara. I, however, was sporting pj pants, which I am sure Cinderella herself sported at some point in her life :-)

For our tea party I couldn't resist making a yucca root smoothie!
I took a bite just to see what it tasted like. I guess it tastes like a raw potato but much sweeter.
I blended:
Ice
1/4 cup grated raw yucca root (I peeled the skin off)
1 whole orange
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
sprinkle of frozen blueberries
Cold brewed green tea
POM juice

This is a really good smoothie! I could mainly taste the raspberries... the yucca did leave a "chalky" taste.... but I forgot about it after a minute.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment